We have lots of information and advice within our pages, if you can't find the information you need, you can get in touch by phone, text or email. - you choose which works best for you.
- Our friendly staff will listen to your questions and try to offer useful information and advice.
- If we can't help with something, we will try to find you someone who can.
- We will not tell you what to do, we will help you get the information you need to make your own choices.
- We can help you to get your views across so you feel listened to and able to participate in any decisions.
- We can support you through legal processes such as tribunal and exclusion hearings, and sometimes we may attend a hearing with you.
- We are led by you and your needs.
May 2018, Service demands
Thank you for your patience while we continue to experience a high demand for our service with reduced staff numbers.
Please note it could be a few days before we are able to respond to your message or email.
Our helpline will be closed during half-term week 28 May to Friday 1 June, service as normal from Monday 4th June. Thank you for your understanding.
Call 01473 265210.
You can reach us by calling our helpline. If you can't get through leave a voicemail and make sure you say your number clearly. At busy times it may take a few days to return your call, but we will always get back to you.
Text ADVICE4ME to 87007 and we will get in touch with you as soon as we can.