Getting help in school or college

If you’re finding something hard in school or college, it is best to tell someone as soon as you can. You might want to tell your parent or carer and you can together share your worries with school or college. You can talk to your teacher or someone in a student support role to let them know what you are finding difficult.

Some children and young people need extra help, perhaps to understand work, with making friends, or to make sense of their feelings and emotions. This help is known as ‘SEN Support’ and the SENCO in school will plan and put in place this extra help.

Watch this video which explains about getting help and who you can talk to:

Can I get any support to talk to school or college?

Suffolk SENDIASS can help you to share any worries and talk about what might help. We can give you information about your rights and help you to understand support options.